Sunday, July 30, 2017

It's been a couple of weeks that we've been on outreach and I cannot find words to describe my experience. Everything we are doing and all that I'm learning through this time is building me up in a way that I could never have experience if I had not joined Heartbridge.
I was sad to see lecture phase come to an end, but at the same time I was excited and nervous for outreach to begin. Part of me was eager to see what God has in store for me, but the other half was afraid to find out.

The week before we left for outreach Heartbridge had a community outreach at Hilo prison. It was a great experience for the team. I was so amazed at the whole experience of performing there. The prisoners were not allowed to come near us, and we had to wear super baggy clothes under or over our costumes, girls were not allowed to show our skin or figure. Even though it was a strange way to perform, the show went really well. The prisoners were so responsive to the show, they were an amazing audience. After the show we prayed for the prisoners. That night was a blessing to everyone involved.

Our travels to Europe went really smooth, it was fun and long. We had a lay over in London airport for 5 hours. Unfortunately we did not have the chance to leave the airport, so we were in London yet not really. We did however have pizza in one of the restaurants and spend about 30min trying to figure out if we needed to tip and how much. As you can imagine it was embarrassing and funny at the same time.

Finally when we arrived in Switzerland it was about midnight. We arrived at a quaint church in a little town called Vevey. Our host prepared mattresses for all 30 of the students and staff , not only that but we also were provided with showers at a school near by. The next morning I woke up to a clear view of the SwissAlps right outside the church, that was just the beginning.

We spent two amazing weeks in that beautiful country, performing at the Montreux Jazz Festival. We joined up with several different teams, many who performed too. It was great working with performers with different skills than us. It really gave a veriety to the shows. Every day Heartbridge and PhotogenX would walk to another church near ours, where our team met up with the other groups. There we had ministry training, like how to approach the subject of God to someone. It was so helpful because we learned practical steps on how to share our testimony or the gospel in a few minutes.
Than in the evenings was when the excitement began. Every night God would do some amazing things in the live of the people at the Montreux Jazz festival. It was an impactful two weeks for everyone. In Switzerland I really grew in my confidence. I saw that I really can approach people and talk about God. I never thought I would  see myself approached people who barely spoke English, or spoke non at all, to talk about God. I really grew in my love for children those two weeks as well. God really gave me many opportunities to work with kids and talk with them. He even led me and my friend, Marissa to these two sweet Islam children after one of our shows. We got to pray and talk with them.

When we left Switzerland it was difficult, I had gotten so use to the community of people I had been working with that when we (Heartbridge) left it felt strange. However I was excited and thrilled for our next destination. GERMANY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Germany, our second destination! We first went to a town called Black Forrest in Germany, there we performed a few hours after arrival at a ...