Monday, May 1, 2017

I'm ready for an exciting adventure

I finished my third week here at YWAM Kona! All I can say is I am right where I am suppose to be. The atmosphere here is such a wholesome and loving one. I feel so blessed and privileged to be apart of this community. The people here LOVE God so much, I am encouraged to know God more every day. The people here are so sensitive to Gods voice, I am overwhelming by his presence.

When I got off the plane all I could do was pray that God would show me where to go next. I was not about to get lost at the airport. Luckily As soon as I got my luggage I found more YWAMers, so I didn't feel lonely for long. When I entered the campus I was overwhelmed by the welcome I received. I felt at home immediately, and I am finding out that that is just how YWAM is, always welcoming.



My first shot of the flags. Each flag represents the nations of the students on campus.

All the girls in my school, Heartbridge, DTS (Discipleship Training School) are my roommates and I have become so close to them already. They are my Ohana, and as the weeks go by we draw closer to one another, as we should.


Our first visit to the beach. Us Heartbridge girls


Good Friday! 

We share our common room with another DTS (Photogenx) and we love just hanging out as one big group. At night, girls from both schools come together to read the bible together. It is just a great bonding time after a long day of lectures and classes.

I am so amazed at how much I have learned about God in just 3 weeks. I knew I would be challenged here, but this new journey is more than I could ever imagine.  Praise Jesus! My YWAM family is such a blessing to me. The staff and my fellow classmates are an amazing group of people. Think of a community of people who have this fantastic hunger for the Lord, and you got the perfect image of the people I am surrounded by.


Heartbridge family <3 



Heartbridge and Photogenx family. Two DTS one family

Heartbridge is a performing arts DTS. So week one consisted of audition and callbacks  for the production we are going to perform on outreach, it's about the prodigal son. It is quite remarkable, this production we are doing. It is filled with a verity of cultures and styles, but at the same time the messages it portrays is so impacting.

Week two was about inner healing. We heard Tom and Donna Cole, the writers of a book called Pure Heart, which speak about the process of giving our past pains to God and being made new by him. They spoke on forgiveness and confession, but their main focused was on healing from pains of the past, it was a time to let everything go.

Week three: This week, one of our school leaders Philip Lin spoke about hearing God's voice. Personally I really enjoyed this week because I really got to focus on prayer and communicating with God. Through this week I realized more and more that communicating with God is all about our relationship with him. I never fully realized that God still communicates to us the way he did in the bible, but he really does. He speaks to us through thoughts, words, touch any number of ways. One of the things Philip said that sticks to my mind is, when we spend more time listening to God, we are more sensitive to his voice. God speaks to me all the time I just need to open my ears to hear.

Everything at YWAM is about building your relationship with God, then sharing that gift with others. The only way to make him known to others is if you know him first. I am excited to see what God has in store for me these coming weeks.

Well that kind of sums my time here at YWAM so far. I didn't cover half the stuff I wanted to, but that is because there is so much that I could talk about but than this blog would be way to long. I could probably write a book of thoughts, memories, and experiences that I had at YWAM that I will treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Germany, our second destination! We first went to a town called Black Forrest in Germany, there we performed a few hours after arrival at a ...